Stated hearing loss prevalence
– Total: 5.8%, 18+: 7.2%
– Binaural hearing loss: HA owners: 42%, HA non-owners: 49%
– Hearing Tests: 18% had a hearing test in the last 5 years, most tests done in hospitals
Hearing aid adoption rate (HA penetration)
– Total: 10.3%
– Total age group 18+: 10.2%
– 35% of HA owners have binaural treatment
The route to the hearing aid
– 33% of people experiencing hearing loss discussed hearing loss with an ENT doctor in hospital (drop out=67%).
– 21% got hearing aids recommended from the ENT (drop out=36%).
– 18% of ENT consultations referred to an audiologist, 54% recommended to get a hearing aid, 35% recommended no action.
Potential social cost-savings due to the use of hearing aids
– Hearing aids are believed to have a positive impact on the job.
– Quality of sleep seems to improve if people who experience hearing loss use hearing aids
About the survey
The ChinaTrak 2020 survey was carried out in cooperation with the Swiss analysis firm Anovum on behalf of EHIMA. More than 15,000 people participated in the survey.